Arrival - borders are open
- Citizens of the European Union and the Schengen area may enter South Tyrol and Italy without having to go into quarantine afterwards for two weeks.
- Transit through Austria without stopover is allowed provided that exiting the country is guaranteed. This can be demonstrated by providing valid proof, e.g. by presenting a booking confirmation from your accommodation provider in South Tyrol/Italy. For details on holidays abroad, please refer directly to the websites of the relevant authorities in your home country.
- The global travel warning is not expected to be extended beyond 14 June 2020. A travel warning is only a recommendation and not a direct ban on leaving the country.
- The current regulation for passenger transport also concerns local public transport: There are no regional and long-distance trains or buses between South Tyrol and Austria.
- In open-air situations, a distance of two metres must be maintained between persons not living in the same household. If this distance is not possible, the nose and mouth must be covered.
- Indoors, face masks and a one-metre distance to others are mandatory. It is recommended that you wash your hands and use hand sanitiser regularly.
- Access will be restricted to a certain number of guests to avoid overcrowding.
- Accomodation providers, Shops, bars and restaurants as well as cable cars, that can adhere to the safety measures are already open. The following is an overview of safety measures.
- From 3 June , it is once again permitted to move freely throughout the entire territory without self declaration.
- Public transport will resume regular service. Compliance with safety measures is mandatory. Current bus and rail schedules are available at www.suedtirolmobil.info
- When it comes to non-scheduled services such as taxis, rental cars and coaches, the following safety measures must be observed in addition to the regulations for public transport.
- All outdoor activities such as hiking, cycling, running or climbing are allowed. Provided that the general rules of conduct are observed: a distance of three metres must be maintained between persons who are not of the same household. If the minimum distance cannot be maintained, the mouth and nose must be covered.
- Outdoor swimming pools and thermal baths are open subject to the following safety measures.
- Bathing lakes can be visited.
- Sports equipment hire is possible at the respective rental agencies.
- Indoor climbing halls, sports halls, sports centres and fitness studios may be used if the following safety measures are employed.
- Tourist offers such as guided tours shall be carried out at a safe distance and with mouth and nose protection.
- Museums and attractions can be visited.
- Stage performances and film screenings are possible provided that the following safety measures are respected.
- No public events will be taking place until further notice.